Spring rugby is really starting to roll, even if Mother Nature still thinks it's winter. Here's what's happening in our rugby community this week ...
Matches are starting back up in Wisconsin. A reminder that you can see scores from matches played here in our state online at the WRFU website.
Please visit the WRFU Referee Assignments to see these online.
- Grafton Pulaski HSB (S) Chad Nyes 5:30
- UW Milwaukee Men Illinois Blaze D2CM Brad Casetta Gun Club
- Valley Crusaders Bay Area NEWHSB (S) Bryan Stephy 1:00
- Marquette Whitefish Bay, Muskego BHSB (S) Ted Sibilsky, Mitch Uitenbroek 12:00 Hart Park Wauwatosa
- MSOE Michigan Tech D2CM Matt Bittner 10:30
- WRFC Oconomowoc D3M Marcus Dufrane: Ars Emily Grambsch, Sabina Wilsey Verona
- WRFC Milwaukee Barbarians D1M Trevor Williams Ars: Justin Jaeger, Marcus Durfrane Verona
- Fond du Lac Milwaukee RFC D3M Steve Midthun 1:00
- Marquette Loyola D3CM Steve Marvin 1:00
- Whitnall scrimmage 5 teams Jefff Kempen, Dan Channen, Alex Prochnaik
- U24 Select side women Jake Winkler, Phil Winkler Cottage Grove
- Valley Crusaders DePere NEWHSB (S) Mike Good Neenah 5:30
HS GIRLS UPDATE
Thank you to Rugby Dad Darryl Bird for sharing this update from the Atlanta Women's 7s Invitational:
"Megan Bird from Oak Creek Club and Reina Anderson from Brookfield Bruisers Club both played for Atlantis in Atlanta. Megan on the Atlantis blue team with Tom Feury as coach and Reina on the Atlantis black team with Karl Barth as coach. Both of the teams played really well and went undefeated until the final championship game in which the Atlanta black team won."
SUBMIT YOUR COLLEGIATE ACADEMIC ALL-STARS
Applications are now being accepted for the USA Rugby National College Academic Honor Roll. Each year, USA Rugby recognizes outstanding student-athletes who demonstrate excellence in the classroom. Since 2011, more than 1,200 college rugby players have been publicly acknowledged for their accomplishments as scholars and athletes.
To be nominated, a college rugby student-athlete must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale at his/her current institution; and
- be at least a sophomore (second academic year) in class standing; and
- be a registered member of USA Rugby; and
- have completed one full calendar year at his/her current institution; and
- be an A-side player, starter, or reserve.